Tuesday, December 25, 2007

'Twas the night before Christmas...

Tomorrow is Christmas!!!!!!! Looking forward to it, although I wish I could have the same level of excitement that I did when I was little... I guess it's just part of growing up, but Christmas just seemed that much nicer then! This year it's a bit sad that I can't breathe properly (although a lot better than 2 weeks ago!) and don't have anyone special to share the day with or watch Love Actually with (my favourite xmas movie, but you have to watch it with someone special!), but I do have things to be thankfull for... having the most amazing mom and dad and sister ever (even though they sometimes drive me mad), and some good friends etc. I feel positive that by next year I will have my new lungs and having an awesome christmas!!!! That would be so great...

The last 2 days have been very nice. Just watching movies, eating, hanging out with my family etc. Seems like we're going to have a rainy Christmas tomorrow! I love rainy weather, it's not something we get very often!

Healthwise I'm doing good, almost NO mucus, it's soooooo nice! The thing i hate most about having this picc line in my arm though is not being able to do anything to my hair!!!! My left hand can't reach my head! So I can't wash, brush, or even tie up my hair! And I hate not being in control of how my hair looks! It's frustrating for all of us when my mom or sister try to do my hair, because handling curly hair is hard enough when trying to do so by yourself!!! At least it's washed and as ready for Christmas now as it's ever going to be...

Hope everyone has an awesome amazing Christmas tomorrow filled with love and remember the real reason we celebrate it.. it indirectly marks the beginning of our eternal life!!! So much better than just a lung transplant!!

1 comment:

Bree said...

I found your blog through a link you posted on a CF site. While I don't have CF, i DO have bronchiectasis and just got evaluated for a double lung transplant. I have a blog also if you would like to check it out: http://bree-theblogblog.blogspot.com/

Best of luck to you! Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like:)

Cheers
Bree:0