Monday, February 25, 2008

weekend and some more answers

My weekend was quite nice. Saw some family yesterday morning and an old friend from university had lunch with us. We did our B Com degree together and he works here now. I also want to work!!! Don't know what I'm going to do with myself when my mom goes back home. Will have to find something...

My dad was home this weekend and he's bringing up some more of my clothes and stuff, can't wait to get it! Tired of my limited clothing range :-)

Some more answers:
  • My gene mutation is also 2/double delta F508.
  • And concerning physio, I had to see a professional physiotherapist 3 times a week while being listed. I only had physio while in the hospital after the op. Now I just exercise without overdoing it.

Today's going to be quiet, going to watch a dvd, exercise, eat, knit, read, the usual.

SO HAPPY FOR TRICIA GETTING LISTED!! May you get lungs soon and enjoy life with Nate and Gwyneth!

To register as an organ donor in SA go to www.odf.org.za

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

Thanks for answering my question! And, thanks for celebrating with Tricia and I!

Sam said...

Hello Alice,
My names Sam and I am from England and have been following your story. So pleased you got your new lungs :-) I have been listed about a month and a half now and have been in hospital since August, only managing a few days at home. I also have a blog www.princesssam-sam.blogspot.com and find it helps writing down how i am feeling during the wait. I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog and continue writing. You look great! xx

NCBeachMom said...

you dont know me, but i found you through tricia and nates blog...i prayed for you all during your surgery and am so thankful you are doing so well....

Kim
NC
USA

Sylvie said...

Dear Alice,
We are rejoicing and thanking God for your good health!
Yes, your story give us so much hope!
Thank you for sharing it with us!

Gizela said...

Hallo Alice....uit 'n nat PE!
Jammer ek was so skaars....het my password vergeet....duh! Hehehe....
Ek is regtig bly dat dit so goed gaan met jou. Jou vreugde gee my weer hoop vir die klein dingetjies in die lewe wat my pla. Mag God se liefde jou so omsingeld dat jy skoon kortasem voel!
Mooi bly Alice...tuine vol blomme!
Gizela