Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday...

I'm loving my first day back! In a way it feels like I've never left. But it's also very different not being tied to a machine and doing everything for myself again. Saw the first of my friends yesterday, Joey, was so cool! Went to church with my parents this morning, which was very nice. It's a bit more formal than my church, so it was nice to 'dress up' for a change! I don't want to go to my church yet, as it is much more crowded. This morning I sat at the end of the isle. on the gallery, next to an open window, so that was fine! They even mentioned that I was there. Luckily I didn't have to stand up or anything. That would've been a bit blind! Took some photo's outside our house afterwards.

After that my mom and I went for a walk on the 'new' boardwalk at the beach, which is 200m from our house. The boardwalk was finished about a year ago, but I refused to go in a wheelchair and couldn't go walking there, as it was too far for me, even with the portable O2. So I've never been there. And it's great! Can't wait to go again. Also perfect for romantic walks ;-) The second pic is me on the boardwalk...

Had 2 of my cousins, Petra and Melinda come over for tea. Was also great seeing them again. Unfortunately I couldn't see Petra's CUTE little girl who's 16 months old, as I have to stay away from children for now! My sister's boyfriend came over for Sunday Lunch, and now I'm waiting for 2 of my BEST friends, Antoinette (who updated the blog for me) and Daniel, who are busy driving back from an arts festival. They would've been here hours ago, but Daniel locked his keys in the car and they had to wait for the insurance people to come and get it out! They are part of the group of friends that supported me the most during transplant. I had a post somewhere in December, where I vented a bit about the different types of friends that emerge in a 'crisis'. Well the 2 of them (and a few more) really stuck it out with me and did so much for me and kept me entertained and made me 'laugh'/cough and encouraged me all the way. So I literally can't wait to see them. Will definately be posting a pic of us!

5 comments:

charm said...

glad you got home safe and sound.

Anonymous said...

Alice you are amazing. This story has kept me going and I must admit I was worried you were going to stop writing. That would have been a very sad day for us all. I am glad you are home safe and sound and that you can and are able to do things others take for granted. Keep it up! for us all.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!
Im so glad you managed to get home, thats FAB. Enjoy seeing your friends.

HAPPY EASTER!! :D:D

Love Clarey xxx

Melinda said...

dit was lekker om by jou te kuier :) tyd net te vinnig gegaan. lekker visit met almal die komende week.

Anonymous said...

hi Alice! just read the last week's worth of blogs. i was also in PE over Easter and didn't get on the net.... All i can say is WOW! i had a bad day and reading your story is always inspiring - i really have so little to complain about! And well done too to your parents for raising such a determined young lady.
good luck with al the things on your list.
love,
Arinda