Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Jansenville

This is the town where my mom grew up. My grandparents used to stay on their farm outside the town, but since 1998 or so they've lived in the town. On the left I'm standing in front of the church where I was babtised as a baby. It's really beautiful, although you can't really see it on the photo. The other pic is my great-grandmother's old house. I still remember when we used to visit her here... It's empty right now, as it has recently been sold, so we snooped around a bit! Then the final pic is BRAAIVLEIS!!! (BBQ meat I think?!) Jansenville is famous for their meat, and I've been craving it ever since the transplant! Yummy!!!!!!

2 comments:

CFHusband said...

Got an email today saying that the SA blog awards are going to be announced next Tuesday! That's my birthday, so I'm thinking you're going to win!

Christy said...

I love your pictures! The church is amazingly beautiful! >:0)