Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The journey down to PE...

On the way down we encountered several roadworks! We had to stop twice for at least 15 mins each time. People got out of their cars and boys started playing rugby in the road! Was quite interesting! On the left here I'm looking hot and bothered in the Free State! (province in SA with rather boring scenery! Well along the N1 anyway!) We also stopped in Graaff Reinet, which is a beautiful town with lovely old buildings. It's about 3hours from PE. Posting pics of me in front of the church and the hotel. The other one is Reinethuis, where my great-grandmother studied! She was one of the few woman to study in those days! She passed away when I was about 10 years old. Still remember her, she was a remarkable woman.

4 comments:

Gizela said...

Thanks for posting Graaff Reinet!! How pretty! That is where I come from and got married in that church.
I send some greetings with Ditha for you.
Lekker dag Alice

Christy said...

Wow! Being the small town, southern American girl that I am, I am in sheer awe over the beautiful scenary! God is the most amazing artist! >:0)

Chastity said...

Every picture you post is quite beautiful! I'm still trying to figure out what "PE" is, but still, very beautiful.

Alice Vogt said...

PE is short for the city where I come from.. Port Elizabeth...