Friday, March 7, 2008

Lots of stuff...

I see someone has nominated my blog for an award!!! I didn't know about it until yesterday... Thanks to whoever nominated me, it can only help to raise awareness about organ donation!! And thanks Nate for posting it on your blog!

Went for a bit of shopping yesterday early in the morning when it was quiet. Was SO GREAT.. Retail therapy has always been a winner, especially with all the summer sales going on! And I can walk and walk and walk without getting tired or short of breath, it's amazing...

Also went to the Telkom shop (phoning them doesn't help), hoping the sight of me with my mask will stir up some simpathy and get them to get our internet to work!! A technician is coming on Thursday to fix it. I'm not holding my breath on that one either!

My hospital visit went very well, my new lungs suprised even me by having an fev1% of 92%!! They're my pride and joy, I love them... And I picked up some weight!I also visited the CF man who had his transplant 2wks ago. Was nice to talk to him, he's doing very well! I also saw Aviva, my physio!! Was hoping I'd bump into her, she's great! And saw my day-nurse, Faith (very appropriate name!), which was also cool! There is another 24-year old CF girl waiting for lungs in the hospital, Maryke. She's been waiting for 6 months. Please pray for her as well, so that she can also experience this miracle!

It's my dad's birthday today (he won't like me telling everyone this!), so we'll get a dvd tonight and go out for lunch or something tomorrow! I'm also going to visit a friend from school (she's actually my neighbour in PE and we always walked to school together) and her husband over the weekend. Yay, people my age!I'm posting some photo's next week!

Have a great weekend, be good, and if not, take photo's!

6 comments:

kidsworld said...

So cool that you don't even take shopping for granted and now I won't either!

Have a great weekend with your friends!

refreshing in ohio, USA

Anonymous said...

Wow, its so lovely to hear about how well you are doing, I am so happy for you! I love reading your blog!! I've just got out of hosp and can see I have a few entries to catch up on!
92%............... FANTASTIC :D:D:D

xxxx

Clarey

CFHusband said...

sorry...haven't posted it yet, but am going to later today. I hope you win!!!

Carmen said...

Alice I found your blog on Nate's. I started reading your blog right before your surgery. I'm so happy for you and I hope you continue to do well. I voted for your blog.
Sending Well Wishes From Kentucky
Carmen

Michelle Jamie said...

I've just received an e-mail from one of the guys in our church about the website he's set up on behalf of our church feel free to check it out!

http://www.intendo317.com/

:)
M in Gauteng

Gizela said...

Hallo Alice!
Wonderlik oor die nominasie! Gaan net nou gaan stem. Het dadelik aan jou gedink toe ek my stukkie vir die dag sien:
Heb 12:1-2
Kom ons hardloop met volharding op die baan wat voor ons uitgestrek le, ons oe vasgenael op Jesus, die Een op wie ons geloof vanaf die wegspring tot by die eindstreep steun.
En met jou nuwe longe weet ek gaan jy nog beter kan hardloop.
Lekker dag, mooi bly, roos vir jou!
Gizela