Thursday, April 3, 2008

The scenic route from Port Elizabeth to Johannesburg...
















































My dad and I decided to take the scenic route back to Joburg. It took quite a while... we left at 5:30am and arrived here at 7pm. But I think it was worth it! The scenery was really beautiful, and we had a nice lunch in a small town called Clarens. It's quite high up in the mountains, and we definately reached at least 2000m above sea level. And I didn't feel any different... yay! The photo's aren't in any order, as it is quite difficult to get them to go where you want them! So just enjoy the view! The night time pics are from when we arrived in JHB.






9 comments:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Alice,
I have posted this 3 times so, I hope all of a sudden all 3 post don't pop up..
I have been following your blog for a couple of months now,but have never left a comment. I got your blog spot from Nathan's. I was happy to see all of your photos. The best one was of you standing at the top of the trail looking so happy! Praise God!!! I will be praying for you here in Minnesota. Take care!

Alice Vogt said...

Glad you left a comment!!! Love them! Hint hint everyone :-)

Anonymous said...

Check Tricia's Blog----SHE GOT THE LUNGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie- Nashville, TN, US

NCBeachMom said...

beautiful scenery! Makes me want to visit!

Tricia is out of surgery and in ICU!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice
I am so happy for you and your family for having had such a wonderful time in PE -to be able to wake up ,have meals and do things with clear lungs- a wonderful blessing.I am also follwing Tricia's progress- amazing.
God Bless

Sweets said...

we also travelled back from the coast last week, truly beautiful places to see ;)

Destini said...

Your pictures are wonderful! Thanks again for sharing your part of the world!
Your zest for life truly inspires me to live!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. Made me look in and I found a great blog! Wonderful pictures1 Keep living breathlessly!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! You caught my attention with your photos.. I am planning a road trip between jhb and the cape coast. Which route did you take and what stops would you suggest to experience the most? Christo