Saturday, July 4, 2009

COLD!!!

Luckily I don't HAVE a cold, I just AM cold!!! That might also be because it's 3:28am, but bottom line is I'm cold :-( I miss summer!!!!!!! And we don't have central heating in SA, so the only thing that helps is a plug-into-the-wall heater that takes forever to get the whole room warm, nevermind the entire (small) apartment. Ugh...

Been sleeping like a baby the whole week, because I've just been so busy, but woke up an hour ago and can't seem to fall back to sleep. Oh well, at least I don't have to get up at 5h45. Have athletics in the morning, but the rest of the people I train with are out of town, so I just have to do a 1500m timed walk on my own. I can do 1000m in 8 mins 8 seconds, which would mean I can do the 3000m (which is what I'm doing for the Games) in 24 mins 24 secs, which would mean more than a 3 min improvement on my time in Jan... BUT my shins get sore walking that fast, so I can't keep up the pace. Rather frustrating that it's not the lungs holding me back but lower legs!!! It's not even sore after I've stopped walking, just WHILE I'm doing so. Squash also has improved A LOT, and that's def the event that I'm looking forward to the most!!!

Other than the athletics Chris and I will def play some squash and gym during the course of the weekend... also have to do some cleaning, go to the bank, and visit my auntie Deanie who I haven't seen in like a YEAR! It's scary how fast time flies :-( Life really is short...

That's all I really have to say for now... Happy independence day for the US! Work was a bit quieter yesterday afternoon because our US Office was closed which meant no offshore stuff for me to do :-)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think England stole your warm weather! It's around 30*C these days, which is not what we're used to.

Just wrap yourself in lots of blankets and demand hot water bottles! Xx