Sunday, December 7, 2014

Great weekend!

Had a much-needed awesome weekend. Friday eve I was so tired after a very rough week at work that I just crashed and burned. Sat was pretty productive... Took 2 items in to be framed (to the place at 44 Stanley that did such an awesome job with my Alice in Wonderland vintage cards). They are so popular though that I will have to wait till 24 Jan to get them,,,, but hey then at least they will be a good lungaversary gift to myself. Afterwards I met Chrislie at Lifestyle Garden centre where I managed to contain myself and spend lass than R100! Only bought Oregano, a succulent and soil. Need to do some gardening before I go away, hopefully tomorrow after work.

We celebrated my friend Bianca's in the late afternoon/eve by lounging around by the pool, eating and drinking... we were then forced to play a game of 30 seconds by candle-light thanks to load-shedding (to any non South Africans.... due to bad planning and people being idiots we don't have enough electricity in the country right now, so they cut power to neighborhoods  according to a very inaccurate schedule). Luckily the power went back on and we watched a cute Afrikaans movie, Pad na jou Hart.

Today I slept till 9h30am this moring, which must me close to a personal record for me! I made nice breakfast, and watched my amazing Dr receive a medal from the President for being Nelson Mandela's Dr during his final years. Very proud, and will do a separate post on that in the week. We had lunch with Fawn and an awesome couple at their house. Got to swim AGAIN (yay! summer vibes) and just had an amazing afternoon. This was Fawn's first swim in like 7 odd years!!!! We obviously had champagne to celebrate :-) Yay for amazing lungs!

Hopefully this short week goes super fast and Wednesday eve is here in no time.....



No comments: