Monday, February 16, 2015

Struggling in the gym/ heatwave/ bad lung function/ whatever

Had a pretty good Saturday. Ended up shopping with my sis on Valentine's Day and visiting Gail in hosp. Unfortunately Chris and I couldn't attend the show were were meant to go to (stand-up comedy), so Chrislie and Pierre went in our place instead. Slept for 12 hours on Sat eve, and decided to go to gym on Sunday. What a horrible failure.... I only managed to do the following:

  • 3 leg machines that are part of toning circuit
  • 2 sets of 15 squats
  • 2 sets of 15 bi-cep curls with the 5kg dumbbell
  • 2 sets of arm lifts with 3kg dunbbells
So that's basically nothing. Right calf very stiff from random weird cramp on Friday night??!!! The only other things I managed to do on Sunday was do 2 loads of laundry and pull out some weeds in the garden. The rest of the day was spent collapsed on the couch.

Don't know if lung function is down, or if this heatwave we've been having took it out of me on Sunday or what's been up with my bad gym sessions. Can't be lack of sleep! Going again tomorrow so maybe there will be an improvement. Still 3 weeks before I do lung function tests again so not much I can do till then except what I'm already doing. Ugh


No comments: