Thursday, April 9, 2015

Inspiration: Kirstie Tancock - Two double lungs transplants later

I've know Kirstie for quite a while via facebook and her blog is featured under my blog list. ... She is lovely and has definitely inspired me from a fitness perspective!!!! And determination!!! The first video below was done recently, and is where she is currently at in life. What a journey..... When she had her first transplant in 2011 Chris and I were actually IN London after the World Transplant Games that took part in Sweden that year! I was soooo excited for her.

Her Chronic Rejection happened during the same time that mine started. Hers just moved a million times faster than mine did :-( I was over the moon when she got her 2nd paid of lungs almost immediately and so soon after being told she cannot be re-transplanted. I remember the devastating post on fb saying that she won;t be eligible for new lungs again.... miracles happen!!!

My New Lungs - 19 March 2015


Love On The Transplant List - about 3 years ago.


No comments: