Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Winter Solstice and Lungaversary


Yesterday marked the shortest day and longest night for our hemisphere.... Found some amazing breathtaking pics on social media yesterday.... see some more here. Apparently it was special this year because it coincided with "Strawberry Moon ". Anyways, I don't know anything about astronomy, but it's beautiful.

Today is the 22nd again..... lungaversary! Always a special day and the feeling of happiness never gets old.


Been a rather chilled week but going to be picking up from here... on Monday I just did some grocery shopping, Tuesday I had bio, and drove around for a bit of Love Life; Gift Life admin that had to be done. Today I had lunch with Andrew (had the most AMAZING Musselpot). Yay for self-employed friends!!!! The highlight of my day though was seeing my friend who recently had a single lung transplant on Skype this morning, looking GREAT, being pink, not wearing oxygen anymore! Makes my heart so happy and just reaffirms what we're trying to achieve with Love Life; Gift Life.




This weekend is going to be FILLED with family, as my cousin Elette and her hubby from East London will be coming up for a wedding and staying with us. We haven't seen them since my Grandad's funeral in Feb last year, and before that at their wedding in 2011! AND my cousin Adam from New Zealand is here to see his dad, so will be seeing him as well! I haven't seen him since 2009 I think??? So that will be great.

Going to need DAYS of sleep to recover. Been feeling SO TIRED. All the time. Very frustrating. Yay for fewer responsibilities and more time to sleep. And kitties who cuddle.

No comments: