Friday, August 19, 2016

RIP Oom Tys

On Monday my dad's brother Tys passed away after battling cancer :-( My heart goes out to his wife Cheryl and son Adam. (Adam was here a while ago, he lives in New Zealand). I have fond memories about being on holiday with Oom Tys, especially at Mapungubwe. I also remember them visiting us in PE a few times, and always seeing him when we did our annual Pretoria visits growing up. One year in particular he helped me get a new nebuliser while we were up for a visit.

Him and Cheryl were also very kind to me when I first started working at the family business a few months after my transplant in 2008. The memorial service will take place on Tuesday. May he rest in peace now. The below pic was taken at my sister's wedding in 2012.


At the end of last week my long-time friend Jo-Mari who now teaches in Quatar was in Joburg for a quick visit. It was lovely seeing her again. Not much else has been happening... trying to stay strong for Anna's visit... less than 3 weeks to go now!!! I'm making sure I have enough meds, making shopping lists, list of things to pack, list of things in Jozi/Pretoria we need to do... exciting times!


No comments: