Saturday, November 26, 2016

Exciting News and longish post

Something quite exciting has been brewing for the last few weeks, and things are falling into place now. One of my friends from London, Brian, (who is American) will be coming to Joburg in Jan to interview me about CF. He explains it a bit better below!


Health-wise I've regained my strength that was lost in hospital, so body is up to regular standard again, yay. Sleeping has also been better, prednisone (steroids) back to normal dose of 7.5 mg a day, thank goodness. I have good days and bad days. Some days I can do quite a lot, and other days I feel way more short of breath and everything is hard. My resting sleeping heart rate (on just just more than 3 litres of O2) has gone from 73 when I was discharged from hospital to 89, which technically shows that breathing is worse and heart working harder but the increased energy has made me FEEL better so there are just so many factors that play a part in whether I have a good or a bad day! Very different to the old CF lungs, that's for sure. Much more unpredictable.



This past week included a lungaversary, errands in preparation for the new lounge, groceries, Love Life; Gift Life Skype meeting, bio, fibre installation in our complex for faster Internet, had car serviced, it's just been rather crazy. Had some awesome rain too. Above pic was taken from Linden in the rainy weather yesterday.

On Monday I popped into work quickly to say hi. Felt like entering a parallel universe (same as previous times I've visited since being on disability). Things have changed a lot, everything moves so fast. So many new people. And I'm not used to so much movement and activity and various things happening at the same time around me anymore. It's like my brain can only focus on one thing at a time now. It's become slow and I'm not used to having so many people around me at the same time either. It's rather overwhelming. But it was nice seeing some old colleagues again (didn't get to see everyone I wanted to but don't think that's possible in one visit!)



The last 2 kitty pics are just because I love them so much, they have SUCH different personalities but they seem to like it when I'm home, even if it's just so that they can stare at me from 13:00 hinting that it's almost time for supper. Oh and garden has also been looking really nice from all the rain and extra sun after we had tree trimmed! Especially my blue-ish hydrangeas... Hope everyone has a good weekend and Happy Thanksgiving to my American people!


No comments: