Sunday, January 22, 2017

9 Year Lungaversary!

9 Years ago this time I was in theatre receiving my new lungs. To see the blog post from that day check it out here! Definitely one of the best days of my life, and probably the most important. All I can be is grateful. Towards my donor's family, the medical personnel, my family, God, my friends, everyone who was there for me. The breathers that have given me almost a decade! I hope that somehow my donor knows how much her gift has meant to me and my family.



Had a great day today with family. Way better than last year when I was in hospital waiting for a biopsy the whole day! It has also been a year now since I've stopped working. My last day at work was 20 Jan last year. The year was challenging but necessary, and I am grateful for the things that I have learnt. Looking forward to my 10th year with the lungs. I have a good feeling about this!









3 comments:

Unknown said...

So baie dankbaar saam met jou. God se genade is groot en ons bid dat dit 'n amazing jaar vir jou sal wees.

Ellen said...

Congratulations. :-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Alice!! Keep on living well!! God bless you.