Saturday, January 7, 2017

First week of 2017 done!

The first week of the year has been good. I love how everyone is coming back from their holidays and friends are here again. I've also been back at bio this week. That was ROUGH after the 2 weeks off, but did good I think. Definitely a very necessary activity for me!!! I have zero cardio capability but have to keep pushing on with what I CAN do, even if recovery after every activity takes a few mins and I feel like I'm dying. I am normally not a fan of the corny "LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH" words appearing on everything (linen, crockery, ALL HOUSE WARE, some people just put the words on their walls like art) trend that has been going around (and hopefully ending soon) - sorry if I'm offending anyone! My point is that I love this shirt that becomes so ironic when I wear it! It's also conveniently a summary of everything I want by the end of this year, should I forget :-)


Something else that was awesome is that I got to see the final product that a student did using me as inspiration. She had to do the framework of a book pretty much for her main Book design and Editing project of the year. Well done Chanelle it looked amazing! So much of talent! These illustrations tell such an amazing story.






Chris was away this week with my dad to Mapungubwe, so it was quite nice to have the house to myself and a little change in routine. Had the most amazing evening last night at Brendan's house! We had such fun, and with the rain that started falling ended up having a mini dance party in the kitchen (where I could conveniently plug in my portable O2 and turn it up!!!!) Haven't had as much fun in a long time and got home way after midnight via Uber! Paying for it today (and possibly tomorrow!!) but was so worth it.





So all in all very positive vibes for 2017 so far! That's exactly what I need.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

You've got such a great attitude Alice. And that book cover is amazing!

Alice said...

Thanks Dawn!

Joel said...

Alice, I stumbled here by accident but have to say that I am glad I did. You're outlook and positivity on life is contagious. Just reading about your night out and the book has put a hard-to-remove smile on my face.

Just wanted to say thank you.

Alice said...

Thank You Joel! Very sweet of you!