Sunday, July 2, 2017

July - past the halfway mark


We're in the second half of the year!!!! It doesn't have any real significance in my life but hopefully the second half of the year has some good things in store for us. VERY excited because my long-time friend Louzanne and her hubby Wouter are coming for a visit!!! Just because :-) Arriving at around lunchtime on Friday, and leaving again late on Monday afternoon. I'm not able to be very physically active, but we will be EATING GOOD FOOD.

It's also LLGL's #save7lives week, which is going to be an even bigger success than last year! Hopefully it raises some lasting organ donation awareness. Please feel free to participate! (check out our Facebook page/ Twitter/ Instagram tomorrow for details).


Last week was a bit of a blur, a few of our meetings got rescheduled, so it went a bit differently than planned. On Monday Chris and I went to have our driver's licenses renewed. It has to be done every 5 years. When I renewed mine in 2007 I was on the waiting list for lungs, doing really unwell and didn't own a portable O2! My mom took me then, and it was quite a mission. It was in PE though so the building was a lot smaller and a lot less walking (almost no walking) was required. This time it was quite a bit of walking that was needed, more paperwork somehow, and luckily I had the portable O2. Once we had all our paperwork sorted, we were told to go upstairs to join the que. Just as I got to the top, huffing and puffing away... they said I can go to the disability line downstairs! Went back down (luckily Chris could join me), and luckily there was only one other person in front of us. So from there on it went really quickly, They were super nice to me, even asking if I'm warm enough, and asking me if I'm OK while Chris went upstairs again to pay. At least that bit of annoying admin is out of the way now! Also... I've been driving for 15 years this year... that's just under half my life. Yay for outliving expectations.

I also saw Adriaan quite a bit. Soon he will be in day-care as Chrislie will be returning to work towards the end of the month... so need to make the most of this special time with him!


I also made a scrap-book of all the magazine and newspaper articles that I've been in (and that I have kept) over the last decade. I've never done scrap-booking, but Typo had this "kit" on sale, so I thought it's worth a shot to keep these memories safe. It was rather fun to do. Definitely not a hobby that I would take up, but for this album thing it was good. I will stick to crocheting and make useful items rather :-p


Lastly, I bought these new boots on Friday... I've given a lot of clothes away since I stopped working at the beginning of last year, gave a few of my old work clothes to my sis, organised my cupboards and been trying not to buy any unnecessary clothing. However when I saw these boots I fell in love... They were on sale, but still the most expensive shoes I've ever bought! They are so perfect... warm, comfortable, leather, soft... Now I literally HAVE to live for a really long time still to make this purchase worthwhile LOL!!! I don't want to take them off... they make me want to walk and they make me feel strong... Like I'm in my own little army :-)


No comments: