Monday, April 9, 2018

Coastal Roadtrip Part 2 - Port Elizabeth

I'm super behind with blogging... need to try and catch up!

After East London we spent 4 nights in PE, my hometown where we I lived in the same house for 23 years. On the first day we went to the Locally Yours market in the old Tramway buildings. This used to be a dodgy Ice Rink, but I never went ice skating because my dad had heard that Pseudomonas is often found at ice rinks. It looks amazing now though, and the market was lovely.




This is what the Tramway building looked like before the revamp:



And after:


That evening we caught up with two of my cousins from PE, Petra and Melinda. Had a great supper at Petra's house with her family. On Thursday we went to Addo Elephant National Park... I did a whole post about that here. On Thursday evening we had upper at our old house! We know the people who bought the house from my parents.... it's my old music teacher's daughter and her husband and kids. We had a great evening with great food and a walk down memory lane. A lot has changed around the house but a lot hasn't... like the graffiti I did on my cupboard doors... cringe worthy.



I also went to my old hairdresser to have a haircut and colour. He did our hair for me and my sister's wedding, and he was pretty much my hairdresser since I can remember. Afterwards I went to Sunridge Primary School, who have been so supportive of Love Life; Gift Life.

It was great to spend some time with my varsity friends Antoinette and Daniel. It was also great to be in the city again, seeing how things have changed while other things stay exactly the same. Hoping they will get some good rain this winter, as it's so dry. It was too cold to swim in the sea unfortunately, but was enough just to be at the coast, with that unmistakable PE climate and wind.






2 comments:

Just me said...

Oh my soul Ali...ek onthou daai deur 🤭...soveel memories in daai kamer saam met jou! Was regtig so lekker om jou en Chris hier te hê! Kan nie wag om julle weer te sien nie! Antoinette

Anonymous said...

Interesting to learn a little bit more about your background and to see photos of Port Elizabeth. Nice you could visit there with Chris.

Sherry Boyle